Navigation Tips

Free Patterns can be seen along the sidebar (on right side),
or you can use the Free Patterns label to view all posts.

Free Pseudo-Patterns or Pattern Outlines can be found using the Free Pseudo-Patterns label.

The most comprehensive listing of Patterns, Pseudo-Patterns, and Pattern Outlines can be found on the Pattern Bibliography page.

Please read the Blog Housekeeping section in the sidebar for more info.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Just photos of some hats




Just photos of some hats...

It's my Utopia Hat. Typing up the pattern is on my "todo" list, I just haven't had time with all the house things.



This grey one has the same "plain" decrease as the blue one.



This white/beige hat has a "twisted" decrease, you can see the difference when you compare the top of this hat to the top of the blue or grey hat. I haven't decided which one I like best.

I was pleasantly surprised by this white/beige variegated yarn. The cables actually show well! I was afraid it would turn out to be a flop like all the other cable hats I made with that blue/white variegated yarn that I had so much of.

All these hats are going to Cap Karma as chemo caps.

--<>--

Well, that's all for now. I have lots to say but no time to organize my thoughts or photos. I thought I'd be relieved after getting the keys to the house, but I find we're just as busy trying to figure out what we need to get done before we can move in. We spent the weekend driving over to the new house and doing a bit of shopping/research. It's so tiring to drive an hour to get there, and also try to work around M's feeding & nap schedule. And we get very little done while we're in the new house due to M's constant need for attention.

We managed to get utilities going. Next thing on the list is to tackle some of the "must do" things on the Termite Report. The big one is the soil treatment for subterranean termites. We also want to look into getting all the electrical outlets grounded cuz they're currently the old 2-prong types. And it looks like the water heater needs replacement.

Still deciding on window treatments. Maybe wood blinds, or a combination of shutters & blinds. Still need to decide where to use vertical blinds and where to use horizontal blinds.

I think I've found a possible dining room table at Ikea. We'll see. Need to shop around a bit more.


.

4 stitch(es):

jaaladay said...

I just love those hats! I can't wait until you are able to squeeze a minute out of your moving and family life to write down your cable genius...
Jaala
Knitcircus@blogspot.com

Woman who knits said...

Congrats on your new house.

I love the hats and will wait patiently for a pattern!! =)

g-girl said...

hey, I know a great window coverings person--only thing is he's here, in LA. :( good luck with figuring out what kind of coverings to get.

Anonymous said...

LOVE those hats!!