Navigation Tips

Free Patterns can be seen along the sidebar (on right side),
or you can use the Free Patterns label to view all posts.

Free Pseudo-Patterns or Pattern Outlines can be found using the Free Pseudo-Patterns label.

The most comprehensive listing of Patterns, Pseudo-Patterns, and Pattern Outlines can be found on the Pattern Bibliography page.

Please read the Blog Housekeeping section in the sidebar for more info.

Friday, June 29, 2007

Teardrops

Note:
1. More Free Patterns can be seen along the sidebar (on right side),
or you can use the Free Patterns label to view all posts.
2. Free Pseudo-Patterns or Pattern Outlines can be found using the Free Pseudo-Patterns label.


Not a very exciting pattern for you guys... but I wanted to try another "embossed" pattern. Although this pattern is nowhere as interesting as my 4 Embossed Hearts cloth, Embossed Turtle cloth, or Ursine cloth, it is pretty quick & easy to knit up. The pattern is comes from BW4 pg 206. I still feel as if all my dishcloth cotton yarns are the same old selection of colors. But I did dive deep into my cotton stash and fish out this one, P&C baby green, which is an even lighter shade of green than the light green cloth you see here. I'm starting to appreciate the lighter shades and wonder why I ever bought so many dark shades. You can see that this cloth wasn't knitted with even tension (I think I knit tighter when I'm in the car and looser when I'm at home) but the photo above gives you an idea of what the cloth will look like.

Stitches used in this cloth include:
Reverse Stockinette Stitch, MT pg 4
Seed Stitch, BW1 pg 11
Teardrops, BW4 pg 206

Please email me if you would like your photo and a link to your blog (if you have one) to appear in My Readers' Gallery.
Teardrops Cloth pattern can be downloaded from box.com at https://app.box.com/s/kdeu6l0im6oywz3g9f8ps2d2faw3jq12.



.

1 stitch(es):

Anonymous said...

Your uneven tension gives me hope! My next goal is to make a square washcloth with only four sides; if my tension is ever as even as yours, I'll have a party. ;)


Giulia
KnitFree
Are You Pebbledashed Too?