Navigation Tips

Free Patterns can be seen along the sidebar (on right side),
or you can use the Free Patterns label to view all posts.

Free Pseudo-Patterns or Pattern Outlines can be found using the Free Pseudo-Patterns label.

The most comprehensive listing of Patterns, Pseudo-Patterns, and Pattern Outlines can be found on the Pattern Bibliography page.

Please read the Blog Housekeeping section in the sidebar for more info.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Asherton Hat for Toddler





Well, it took me nearly a month to finish the toddler size version of my Asherton Hat because I used DK weight yarn (thinking smaller person, lighter/thinner yarn should work better, right?) and lighter weight yarn means knitting forever and getting little mileage. Plus, I'm a slow knitter with limited time for knitting (having a toddler around pulling on my yarn & needles doesn't help).


This hat is similar to the red adult size Asherton Hat (pattern found on this page), and the slightly smaller pink adult size Asherton Hat (this page shows better pictures). These hats are based on the Asherton Scarf. The yarn is Cleckheaton Country 8-Ply DK superwash wool, don't remember the name of the color. Maybe dusty rose/pink, the label says color 1831.

The hat fits my 18 month girl with room to grow into. She already knows how to put the hat on herself, which makes life a lot simpler for me when she accidentaly drops her hat while riding in the Ergo Baby Carrier. Babies come in all shapes & sizes. M is on the petite side (she's in the lower percentile on the growth chart), so I'm pretty sure this hat would definitely fit a younger baby who happens to be larger.

Stitches used in this hat include:
Knit-Two Purl-Two Ribbing, BW1 pg 39
Moss Diamond and Lozenge Pattern, BW2 pg 17

Please email me if you would like your photo and a link to your blog (if you have one) to appear in My Readers' Gallery.


Asherton Toddler Hat pattern:
Asherton Toddler Hat Pattern from box.com (ne registration required, just click on link and save file)

.

1 stitch(es):

DawnK said...

I just finished this hat tonight! It's adorable! Thanks for making the pattern available. It will find its way eventually, to an orphan in Mexico, when the girls in my knitting group, go on their mission trip next March!