Navigation Tips

Free Patterns can be seen along the sidebar (on right side),
or you can use the Free Patterns label to view all posts.

Free Pseudo-Patterns or Pattern Outlines can be found using the Free Pseudo-Patterns label.

The most comprehensive listing of Patterns, Pseudo-Patterns, and Pattern Outlines can be found on the Pattern Bibliography page.

Please read the Blog Housekeeping section in the sidebar for more info.

Friday, January 30, 2009

mordues de mitaines kal

.


Pattern: St. Albans Valentine Cable Mitts (scroll down for download)
Yarn: Elann Baby Cashmere, mulled grape
Needles: 2.75 mm

I feel like I'm going to burst. I've been wanting to show you these since last November!!! But I had to keep it under wraps until Feb 1st for the Fingerless Gloves Fanatics Designer Feb 2009 KAL. Well now that the time has come, I can show you what these look like!!! Yay! These mitts were designed to match the St. Albans Valentine Cable Scarf.

(Yes, I know, it is not Feb 1st yet, not even in GMT ... however we've got James' blessing to post early)


The purple one is mine. Susan made the red one, visit her at her blog here.



Note: Chart last updated 6 March 2009 to correct typos in definitions for BC & FC.

Hope y'all enjoy knitting this mitt.

If you're wondering why all my photos look a bit "lumpy" around the left wrist, you can ready about it here.

Copyright © Smariek Knits 2005-2009. All full copyright rights are reserved by Smariek Knits.
.



.


.

11 stitch(es):

Anonymous said...

Marie, I love them, I love them, I love them! Especially the Baby Cashmere part. Thanks for this pattern!

Unknown said...

Ok, I seriously wish I did not read this today. I think I'm going to have to make these...NOW. I love them. I love them. I love them.
Thanks so much for the design and the free pattern. You rock!!

Aunt Kathy said...

Already added them to my queue... mot sure if I an do them, there s a thumb on there... {panic} but I would love to make a pair to go with the scarf I hope to make soon

MarieAnge said...

I've added these to my queue and will definitely be knitting them as soon as I'm done with a scarf I'm making for a homeless man.

MarieAnge

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Beautiful!

anxiousknitter said...

I've added these to my queue and can't wait to cast on! Thanks so much for the free pattern! Rock on, girl!

Lauria said...

Beautiful!

Jean said...

Everytime you post something new, I get the I WANTS!!! My list just keeps on growing! These are really pretty and feminine and would definately be something I would wear (including the scarf).

Allison said...

Those are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. I'm going to have to make some pronto!

Chris said...

Absolutely love them--thx for the pattern

Renna said...

They're gorgeous!