Navigation Tips

Free Patterns can be seen along the sidebar (on right side),
or you can use the Free Patterns label to view all posts.

Free Pseudo-Patterns or Pattern Outlines can be found using the Free Pseudo-Patterns label.

The most comprehensive listing of Patterns, Pseudo-Patterns, and Pattern Outlines can be found on the Pattern Bibliography page.

Please read the Blog Housekeeping section in the sidebar for more info.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Ursine

Note:
1. More Free Patterns can be seen along the sidebar (on right side),
or you can use the Free Patterns label to view all posts.
2. Free Pseudo-Patterns or Pattern Outlines can be found using the Free Pseudo-Patterns label.


This was a fun little cloth to knit up. I still like the wine colored cloth more than the brown one. I might have to make a few extra large ones for T. T told me he loves the Hobby Horse cloth I gave him (which was 10"x10" large!); he uses it for drying his hands. This cloth was inspired by the Teddy Bear chart in the Barbara Walker Treasuries. Unfortunately, I can't knit from a chart if my life depended upon it, so I translated the chart into row-by-row instructions. I didn't think anybody would be interested in this pattern, but I guess I was wrong after receiving some feedback from you guys, so here's the pattern. It's kinda nice how DH is taking this week off as it gives me more time to do stuff like type up patterns and such. :-)

Stitches used in this cloth include:Seed Stitch, BW1 pg 11
Teddy Bear, BW4 pg 208

Please
email me if you would like your photo and a link to your blog (if you have one) to appear in My Readers' Gallery.

Ursine Cloth pattern can be downloaded from box.com :  https://app.box.com/s/w7cg8rimw26wnpozrdk2k0fg3a1wv7sl .


.

1 stitch(es):

LisaW. said...

Too cute! I'll have to make a couple of those for a midwife friend who used to have a birth center called "bearing in mind"...guess what the motif/theme was...yep...bears! She's now one of my colleagues at the hospital and this will be a perfect gift for that bearnut! thanks for the pattern.