Navigation Tips

Free Patterns can be seen along the sidebar (on right side),
or you can use the Free Patterns label to view all posts.

Free Pseudo-Patterns or Pattern Outlines can be found using the Free Pseudo-Patterns label.

The most comprehensive listing of Patterns, Pseudo-Patterns, and Pattern Outlines can be found on the Pattern Bibliography page.

Please read the Blog Housekeeping section in the sidebar for more info.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!!! If you're travelling, be safe. Enjoy the company of your family & friends, eat well, stay warm...

We'll be going to the inlaws for lunch. My MIL will make her Thanksgiving duck; they're not big on turkey. M will have her afternoon nap with her grandpa. I wonder if it would be rude of me to knit while I'm there.

I guess now that Thanksgiving is her, November is almost over, and December is creeping in. I can't believe how fast this year has gone by? What have I accomplished this year? Well, I can look back on my finished objects and say I've done quite a bit considering I have limited knitting time with a toddler in the house. But why does it feel like I've gotten so little done this year? I'll try to do better next year...

Teatime ... today I am drinking Pineapple Guava White Tea from The Republic of Tea. It's not bad, but I like their Persimmon White Tea a little more. White tea is supposed to be good for you, and I've even read about anti-cancerous properties in white tea. Hey, it can't hurt to drink it, right?

.

2 stitch(es):

Anonymous said...

Hi - I just found your site and wanted to say that I love your stuff! I tried your cable knit hat, and love it, although it turned out a bit small for my big giant cranium, so I will give it away. I find it's hard to find great patterns that don't look ..... um ...... Grammyish. But I love all of your hats, and your dishcloths look great too. Right now I'm working on the slip-stitch hat.

Keep up the great work! (and I hope you keep sharing your creativity for patterns!)

smariek said...

Yes, the Cable Hat is on the small side. I wear a ladies xs/s. :-) You can try casting on 12 extra stitches next time. And you might want to do another repeat of the pattern if you need more length. And you might try using US8 needles instead of US7. Just a few ideas for you if you decide to try it again...