Navigation Tips

Free Patterns can be seen along the sidebar (on right side),
or you can use the Free Patterns label to view all posts.

Free Pseudo-Patterns or Pattern Outlines can be found using the Free Pseudo-Patterns label.

The most comprehensive listing of Patterns, Pseudo-Patterns, and Pattern Outlines can be found on the Pattern Bibliography page.

Please read the Blog Housekeeping section in the sidebar for more info.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Verre à vin



Pattern: My own design
Yarn: Sugar & Cream, color Shades of Green
Needles: 4.5 mm

What do you think this looks like?

I was aiming for wine glass, but I think it really looks more like those plastic champagne glasses that come in 2 pieces that you connect together at the stem. The cloth would have been ginormous if I had worked it any longer. It is already 12 inches wide and 11 inches tall. I think it'll work out after throwing it into the washer and dryer, I have a talent for shrinking dishcloths. :-) If I had more of the yarn, I could have continued with plain stockinette to make a towel.

--<>--

Check out this page: http://finance.yahoo.com/loans/article/103987/Most-Expensive-Places-to-Buy-Gas-in-the-US
The Top 10 most expensive places to buy gas in the United States. The top 5 cities are all in California, and the top 2 are in the San Francisco Bay Area.

With the high cost of living and the high cost of housing in the San Francisco Bay Area, why do people move here?

I was talking to a Scottish neighbor yesterday. He told me that his mortgage in Scotland (about a decade ago) was about $300 USD, and that utilities cost more than that. Right now, such a low mortgage sounds very attractive.

We had a Progressive Dinner in our neighborhood last night. I had never gone to one before. Everyone prepares a dish. Appetizers are served at the 1st house, Salad at the 2nd house, Entree at the 3rd house, and Dessert at the 4th house. It's lots of fun and it is a great way to meet your neighbors.


.

4 stitch(es):

hakucho said...

Cute cloth!
I bought gas today..it was $3.01/gal.

Our church's youth group does a progressive dinner for the kids. In fact they are doing it this coming Friday. I've never been to one...sounds nice as a neighborhood event :)

happy knitting :)

Teresa said...

Good looking glass but that is one big cloth.
The progressive dinner sounds fun. I hope you have good neighbors.
We are $2.84 for gas tonight.

Anonymous said...

The Progressive Dinner sounds like fun, different homes, different dishes, endless meal. Your pattern reminds me of a chalice, "Holy Grail" etc.

LisaW. said...

dishcloth is perfect for new year's eve! I love progressive dinners! Used to do them all the time with former friends/co workers. I know the mortgage thing is a bummer, but in 10 years you will be so happy you did it...even more so in 20 years when everyone else is paying double to triple what you are paying in house payments. It's just the first year or two that's challenging due to all the unexpected little expenses needed to make the home yours!