Navigation Tips

Free Patterns can be seen along the sidebar (on right side),
or you can use the Free Patterns label to view all posts.

Free Pseudo-Patterns or Pattern Outlines can be found using the Free Pseudo-Patterns label.

The most comprehensive listing of Patterns, Pseudo-Patterns, and Pattern Outlines can be found on the Pattern Bibliography page.

Please read the Blog Housekeeping section in the sidebar for more info.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

First FO of 2008



Pattern: Small Arrow Cloth
Yarn: Sugar & Cream, hot pink
Needles: 4.5 mm

Is this bright or what? The color is "hot pink", and it certainly is!

I wasn't planning to knit this cloth again anytime soon but moved it up on my queue after seeing a comment someone left about pattern accuracy. I really didn't think anything was wrong with the pattern since I had seen other people knit this cloth (Lisa knit several, Jessica knit a couple, Mona, and Ally, for example, and even a scarf from the pattern). Despite this, I went ahead and knit this pink cloth using the instructions that were posted in this blog post (that is, not from my pattern notes/scribbles). The cloth came out well, as you can see from the photo above, and I managed to confirm that the posted instructions were indeed correct. The only change I made was to use a garter stitch border instead of seed stitch border, because I have since discovered that I prefer a garter stitch border with lace patterns.

So to those who were having difficulties with the pattern, all I can suggest is to mind your yarn overs because that's usually what screws things up with lace knitting (for me, at least).

--<>--


.
I must thank Debbie for helping me find a photo of the new Doctor Who scarf. The photo I previously found of David Tennant was apparently not the correct scarf. She pointed me to this discussion where a few more photos can be seen. This scarf looks like it would have wider appeal to the general masses, it would be something anybody can wear without looking too "geeky", and of course it would be so much easier to find a suitable yarn/color than the Tom Baker version. Looking at the scarf, it really doesn't look too difficult to try to reproduce. I can't wait for them to air this Doctor Who episode on the "peasant" cable channels; I don't have the premium cable package that comes with BBC America. :-(

--<>--


I've discovered that Hakucho has nominated me for this Friendship Award. How sweet! Thank you for thinking of me.

--<>--

I hope everyone is having a wonderful New Years Day. I am going to spend part of it knitting another chemo hat for Cap Karma. I need to catch up with the charity knitting this year. Since it is a cable hat, I'll be able to watch some TV too. It always makes me happy when I can kill two birds with one stone. :-) I just finished watching Helen Mirren in The Queen. I enjoyed the movie, however I'd have to say I really loved her in Elizabeth I. I think I'm finally able to see her and not automatically think of Jane Tennison, in her role in Prime Suspect. The next movie I have queued up is Marie Antoinette, of which I don't have high expectations. Who knows, perhaps it will surprise me.

Teatime... I'm drinking Stash Ginger Peach Green Tea. It's a refreshingly light tea. The ginger makes quite an impact at first, and then you taste the peach as an aftertaste.

Oh, I just noticed that I've had 986,581 visitors to my blog. I wonder what will happen after the counter reaches 999,999. Will it roll back over to 000,001? Guess I'll just have to wait and see...

.

5 stitch(es):

hakucho said...

You really have to pay attention when knitting lace....which is probably why I gravitate toward mindless knitting :) Your small arrow cloth is a beautiful color...you'll be all ready for Valentine's day :) I know they're arrows, but look a little like hearts :)

happy knitting :)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! Another great project!

Joan said...

Happy New Year, Marie! You remain the Queen of (amazing) Cloths!

ITA, HM was fabulous on Eliz 1.

Anonymous said...

If you look at the very last picture on the right, the "Dr. Who" scarf is actually a woven scarf in a horizontal chevron pattern with a tweed fiber.
>>>>>
<<<<<
>>>>>
<<<<<

Kathleen B. said...

I would love to knit a new doctor who scarf. If you figure it out, please post!! I never had the patience to knit the old one. The police box i-pod cozy is very cute. Have you knit it?

Happy New Year to you and your family!