Navigation Tips

Free Patterns can be seen along the sidebar (on right side),
or you can use the Free Patterns label to view all posts.

Free Pseudo-Patterns or Pattern Outlines can be found using the Free Pseudo-Patterns label.

The most comprehensive listing of Patterns, Pseudo-Patterns, and Pattern Outlines can be found on the Pattern Bibliography page.

Please read the Blog Housekeeping section in the sidebar for more info.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Blogger gives me a headache

There's quite a learning curve to using Blogger. My blog is still a work in progess and I am still trying to figure some things out. It can be frustrating and time consuming, however I must say I make more progress tweaking my Blogger template than tweaking photos in Photoshop! Anyways, here are some things I would like to do but can't figure out how. I would appreciate any help in these areas.

I saw a blog with an "expanding" Archive section. Instead of having an enumeration by Month/Year, it had arrows to the left where you can click on it to expand further. It was kinda like in Windows Explorer where you would click on the "+" sign to expand a folder to see what files and folders were beneath that. So the blog with the expanding Archive section was set up so you could click on the arrow next to the year, which would expand and show you an enumeration of months. There were arrows next to each month so you could click on them to expand and show you the posts made during that month. Neato mosquito, huh? Well, I haven't been able to figure out how to do this. The Blogger Help section was far from efficacious. I would really like to get this feature to work on my blog as my Archives section is getting a bit long.

For the same reason, I would also like something similar for my links. My enumeration Knitting Blogs is getting long, and I haven't even added all the ones I want to add. I saw on some other people's blogs a "click here to see the blogs I read" type link which will expand to show a list of blog links. How do I implement this? For some reason I thought Blogroll would do that, but I played with that briefly and couldn't figure out what I could do with Blogroll.

When I go into my Dashboard and look at the "Edit Posts" page, I get an enumeration of all my posts. Near the top there is a drop-down menu to show "5/10/25/50/100/300 from Everything". What happens after I post my 301st post? Does this mean I won't be able to see or edit my very 1st post? Do all posts older than the latest 300 just drop off the face of the planet? Get sucked into a black hole? Not that I'm anywhere near 300 posts, but I know I'll eventually get there...

.

0 stitch(es):