Navigation Tips

Free Patterns can be seen along the sidebar (on right side),
or you can use the Free Patterns label to view all posts.

Free Pseudo-Patterns or Pattern Outlines can be found using the Free Pseudo-Patterns label.

The most comprehensive listing of Patterns, Pseudo-Patterns, and Pattern Outlines can be found on the Pattern Bibliography page.

Please read the Blog Housekeeping section in the sidebar for more info.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Baby Silk yarn ... yum!

I started my first project using Baby Silk yarn, it is such a soft delicate yarn. I like it! It does have a tendency to split, although that might have been due to the Addi Turbo circ I was using; they are know to have blunt tips. I have since switched to another circ and it is slightly better. I am making another Branching Out scarf. This one will be a belated thank you gift to my midwife. I had been meaning to give her something earlier but got so tied up with taking care of the baby that I still haven't gotten around to it. I'm using US6 (4mm) needles with this fingerling weight yarn. I haven't yet decided whether I want to try US7 or US8. The scarf doesn't look very wide on needles and I'm not sure how much wider it will be after blocking. Hmmm...




I just took a closer look at the scarf. I was off to a bad start, my tension was much tighter in the first two repeats, and then looser for the remaining repeats. I blame it on knitting in the car where my tension tends to be tighter. I also found a boo boo in my knitting! :O There's a "loose" strand of yarn hanging in the back in the 7th repeat, it will probably be noticeable after I block. I'm leaning towards frogging the whole thing and starting over with larger needles so the patterns shows through better. The downside is all my US7 needles are in use. I'd really like to try US7 before jumping up to US8.




0 stitch(es):