Navigation Tips

Free Patterns can be seen along the sidebar (on right side),
or you can use the Free Patterns label to view all posts.

Free Pseudo-Patterns or Pattern Outlines can be found using the Free Pseudo-Patterns label.

The most comprehensive listing of Patterns, Pseudo-Patterns, and Pattern Outlines can be found on the Pattern Bibliography page.

Please read the Blog Housekeeping section in the sidebar for more info.

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Ring marker woes


I can't believe I've done this TWICE! I've somehow managed to get my yarn knit "through" my closed-ring marker. I thought I was careless the first time around. Now I've discovered that I've done it AGAIN! And this time I was very careful too. How did this happen?

I'm working on the Flower Basket Shawl and have a closed-ring marker before and after the Center Stitch. There is a YO before the first marker and a YO after the second marker. So it looks like this: YO - Marker - Center Stitch - Marker - YO. I suspect that there's something about those YOs that caused the yarn to go THROUGH the Marker while I was knitting the next row above (purl across). I just can't figure how it happened though. :( Any ideas?


You can see two strands of yarn going through the ring marker on the right side.


0 stitch(es):