Navigation Tips

Free Patterns can be seen along the sidebar (on right side),
or you can use the Free Patterns label to view all posts.

Free Pseudo-Patterns or Pattern Outlines can be found using the Free Pseudo-Patterns label.

The most comprehensive listing of Patterns, Pseudo-Patterns, and Pattern Outlines can be found on the Pattern Bibliography page.

Please read the Blog Housekeeping section in the sidebar for more info.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Irish Hiking Scarf





I am so excited! This is my first blog ... a place for me to share what I've been working on with family & friends. I am a knitting neophyte who just started to knit in November 2004. I have found it to be very relaxing, and it is something I can do while watching TV if it isn't a very complicated pattern. I have learned a lot since then, especially with the help of all those wonderful people at Knitting About.com.

I'm going to start by posting a picture of one of my early knitting projects, the Irish Hiking Scarf. This was my first cable project. At first I thought this was going to be difficult, but it is much easier than it looks! I ended up making 4 of these scarves. And I remember trying to finish one of them during a Lord of the Rings marathon just before Christmas. Let me just say that trying to watch the extended versions of all three movies over 2 days is a case of too much of a good thing. I haven't rewatched any of the movies since then.






0 stitch(es):