Navigation Tips

Free Patterns can be seen along the sidebar (on right side),
or you can use the Free Patterns label to view all posts.

Free Pseudo-Patterns or Pattern Outlines can be found using the Free Pseudo-Patterns label.

The most comprehensive listing of Patterns, Pseudo-Patterns, and Pattern Outlines can be found on the Pattern Bibliography page.

Please read the Blog Housekeeping section in the sidebar for more info.

Friday, October 10, 2008

Torsades et Arans

.


Harmony Guides, Cables & Arans

J'ai parcouru ce livre, Torsades et Arans (lien sur Amazon.fr; lien sur Alapage.com), et je le trouve superflu car j'ai déjà tous les livres de Barbara Walker et un vieux livre Harmony Guides de mailles Aran. . ._I took a quick look through this book, Cables & Arans, from Harmony Guides and thought it was a nice presentation, however I also found it redundant because I already have the 4 Barbara Walker Treasuries and an older Harmony Guides book, 220 Aran Stitches. So this book is not a must have for me.

Not much going on at Chez Smariek this week. I have a cold, so I am extra cranky today. Little knitting done due to the hand & wrist pain acting up again. However, I have finished a new cable scarf and I even got around to weaving in all the ends! This will be #13 in my series of cable scarves. I need to take photos, type up the pattern, and post about it. But first, I need to name it! I'm kicking a few names around (viz. there's a short list), I just can't decide. What should I do? You can take a little peek at the scarf in the photo above. Which one? It's the sliver of burgundy between the red and green, on the right side. Oh, and that purple scarf you see on the left side is a more accurate color representation of my Ezra Scarf (which had appeared pink in my photos).

Copyright © Smariek Knits 2005-2008. All full copyright rights are reserved by Smariek Knits.

.

.

4 stitch(es):

Jean said...

I love this photo, the book nestled in your scarfs, it's artistic and very appealing.

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Awww I hope you get to feeling better soon.What about Winter Berries for the name?Hugs Darcy

hakucho said...

I have 2 of the BW treasuries and I don't think you could find anything better :) You are a good one to review the Harmony Guide as you are a cable expert :)

Feel better real soon :)

Debbie said...

I love coming here, I never know which language the posts will be in.