Navigation Tips

Free Patterns can be seen along the sidebar (on right side),
or you can use the Free Patterns label to view all posts.

Free Pseudo-Patterns or Pattern Outlines can be found using the Free Pseudo-Patterns label.

The most comprehensive listing of Patterns, Pseudo-Patterns, and Pattern Outlines can be found on the Pattern Bibliography page.

Please read the Blog Housekeeping section in the sidebar for more info.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

My pysche...



Not much knitting going on over here. Most of my yarn has moved to the new house, or is queued up in the garage for moving soon. Everytime we move a bunch of boxes from the garage, another set replaces them. It is never ending.

New projects won't be started anytime soon since I don't have ready access to my entire stash. I only have a cable project, a lace project, one ball of kitchen cotton for an undetermined project, and of course my mindless knitting hat project which lives in the car. I decided to keep the one ball of cotton in case I feel inspired to knit a dishcloth between now and the time we move and finish unpacking. I did finish a bobble dishcloth last week though, I'm going to make another. After working on lace and cables, I wanted a change of pace and decided to do bobbles. I think most people would find bobbles a little weird on a dishcloth. I like the interesting texture it adds to the cloth.

I wanted to get started on my mom's vest but did not think I'd have enough brain power to concentrate on something new. I haven't had much knitting time lately. It seems like all I ever do these days is sort through old stuff while packing. It sounds like a simple task, but it is a time consuming one!

While clearing off a bookshelf downstairs, I stumbled upon old computer games. Remember when they used to come on floppy disks? 3.5" or 5.25"?! I found my very first computer game for my 286, Kings Quest IV.

I have lots of old books. It's interesting to see which ones have held up well, which ones have considerable yellow pages, and which ones got all spotty/icky. I'm not sure what determines how each book ends up. Is it paper quality? These books were all in the same bookshelf. There would be a pristine book adjacent to an icky one. So it's not a locational thing on the bookshelf. I'm not sure what I can do to prevent damage to my books. The room was kept fairly dark most of the time, so it they weren't exposed to an extraordinary amount of sunlight.

I haven't figured out where to store all our books at the new house. We have packed about 20 boxes of book so far. Can't find anything if they remain in boxes. But it would be ridiculous to put them all in bookshelves ... plus we don't have enough shelves to accommodate all the books.

There are some built-in shelves in the family room which could be home to a few books. You can see it in the photo above. I really don't like the look of that entire wall and I hope to get it redone sometime in the future. The family room doesn't look like that right now. The end of the room is filled up with all the boxes we have been moving over there in the past few weeks.

I've been sucked into Shelfari and am working on populating my bookshelf there. It's still a work in progress. You can see my Shelfari bookshelf here: http://www.shelfari.com/Smariek/shelf, although it might be easier to browse by tags here: http://www.shelfari.com/Smariek/shelf#tags, which is also a work in progress since I did not start out by applying tags to my books, and I am now going back to add them.

--<>--
.
Your Psyche is Blue

You are deeply emotional and very connected to everything (and everyone) around you.
By simply understanding other people, you are able to help them heal and let go.
While you are a very deep and thoughtful person, you do have a very silly, superficial side.

When you are too blue: the weight of the world's problems hangs over you

When you don't have enough blue: you lack perspective and understanding

.

.

1 stitch(es):

benne said...

Marie, I have so many books too and not enough shelf space. Shelves are on my wish list. I thought of you first thing this morning when Libby called and told me the baby's name. :-}