Navigation Tips

Free Patterns can be seen along the sidebar (on right side),
or you can use the Free Patterns label to view all posts.

Free Pseudo-Patterns or Pattern Outlines can be found using the Free Pseudo-Patterns label.

The most comprehensive listing of Patterns, Pseudo-Patterns, and Pattern Outlines can be found on the Pattern Bibliography page.

Please read the Blog Housekeeping section in the sidebar for more info.

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Five Factor Personality Test

M is napping right now, so I'm taking this opportunity to enjoy a pot of Lupicia Lichee Oolong tea. And I am contemplating opening a bar of Scharffen Berger Mocha Chocolate (66% cacao) which was made for Peet's. No, it doesn't really go with the tea... but I certainly can't eat it in front of M! Imagine M on a chocolate buzz...

--<>--

Hmmm... interesting results. I wouldn't go as far as to say my life is organized and well planned. It's more like go with the flow and see where it takes me...
.
Your Five Factor Personality Profile

Extroversion:

You have low extroversion.
You are quiet and reserved in most social situations.
A low key, laid back lifestyle is important to you.
You tend to bond slowly, over time, with one or two people.

Conscientiousness:

You have high conscientiousness.
Intelligent and reliable, you tend to succeed in life.
Most things in your life are organized and planned well.
But you borderline on being a total perfectionist.

Agreeableness:

You have high agreeableness.
You are easy to get along with, and you value harmony highly.
Helpful and generous, you are willing to compromise with almost anyone.
You give people the benefit of the doubt and don't mind giving someone a second chance.

Neuroticism:

You have high neuroticism.
It's easy for you to feel shaken, worried, or depressed.
You often worry, and your worries prevent you from living life fully.
You tend to be emotionally reactive and moody. Your either flying very high or feeling very low.

Openness to experience:

Your openness to new experiences is medium.
You are generally broad minded when it come to new things.
But if something crosses a moral line, there's no way you'll approve of it.
You are suspicious of anything too wacky, though you do still consider creativity a virtue.

--<>--

My new addictions are Ravelry (for knitters) and Shelfari (for books). You can find my Shelfari Shelf here; it's still a WIP, I'm still entering books and applying tags. In retrospect, I probably should have applied tags as I added each book. Oops.

I've just discovered Persephone Books, which has a shop in London which is about 8,600 km too far for me to pop over there.

--<>--

We have blinds at our new house. Yay! They look great! It's starting to look more like a home, instead of just an empty house. We got the kind without the holes in them, so it does a great job at blocking out the light. We're still waiting for shutters for the living room and dining room. Sorry, no photos of the new blinds. I forgot to bring the camera with me yesterday.

We moved more boxes to the new house yesterday, and spent a good amount of time sorting through boxes of computer/math books and computer crap ... we emptied 7 boxes of stuff. Separated everything into "to keep" and "to give away". We probably should have done that before we moved it to the new house, lol.

The pile of crap included ... DOS 6.22, back when an OS came on 3 floppies ... old Mac OS CDs ... old Microsoft software (various flavors of Windows OS and other misc software) ... ThinNet cables ... SCSI DAT drive ... SCSI cables ... a gazillion CAT5 cables (up to 50 ft, in a rainbow of colors) ... a few hubs ... old hard drives ... a crimper ... LOTS of old memory in a variety of shapes and sizes ... old mice (ps/2) and new mice (usb), some with balls, some with wheels, some 2-button, some 3-button, ond and one trackball (which I always thought were neat, but could never get used to using) ... SCSI cards ... AC adapters ... power cords ... keyboards ... laptop batteries ... PCMCIA nics and LOTS of dongles ... trackpoint covers ... several AB switch boxes with 8 to 10 sets of corresponding cables ... CDROM drive, CD burner ... and other stuff I can't think of right now.

We whittled it down to one "to keep" box.

There's more crap in the old house to get rid of. Does anybody need old Sun OS manuals from nearly 2 decades ago? LOL. I have several volumes, and some of them even have a metal attachment on their spines since they were designed to be mounted on a stand.

--<>--

I haven't been doing very well in the knitting dept. We just started watching The Emperor and the Assassin on DVD, which is in Mandarin. I don't understand Mandarin so I have to rely on reading the subtitles, and that precludes any knitting. I never like reading English subtitles for Chinese films because something always gets lost in the translation. Watching Chinese films in Cantonese works out better for me since I understand more by listening rather than reading subtitles.

We'll probably finish the movie in 2 more sittings (yes, we are seldom able to watch an entire movie in one sitting, side effect of having a toddler). Depending on how the movie turns out, this may become a possible gift for my Aunt K and Uncle A (DH's aunt & uncle). Aunt K can speak English but chooses not to, so I'm always surprised on the few occasions when she decided to say something to me in English. She just feels more comfortable speaking in Mandarin. Unfortunately I don't understand Mandarin and I think she sometimes forgets that fact and may start speaking to me in Mandarin while I stare blankly back at her. So it is safe to conclude that she is not very likely to watch any movies in English. Once I finally figured this out, I have been making Chinese DVDs part of their Christmas gifts and it seems to be working out to everyone's satisfaction.

Last year(?) I saw In the Mood for Love, which was very nicely done. Nat King Cole's Quizás, Quizás, Quizás sounds great and fits perfectly in the movie. But I'm not certain this would be an appropriate movie for Aunt K. It's probably not "mainstream" enough for her tastes? I'm not sure. I have such limited experience with Asian films.

The last movie I saw was V for Vendetta, which I loved. I just love a rogue hero... :-)

.

2 stitch(es):

Suzann said...

Good luck with the moving stuff Marie. 20 years as a Navy wife and I know about moving. Use to keep it lite and easy to pack. But now that I am a civilian wife, the place is loaded with "stuff" I would hate to have to move all this.
I love Chinese movies and I don't mind the subtitles. But it does require I pay attention.

MLE said...

Hmm..The Emperor and the Assasin sounds familiar. It must be part of the stack of movies that I haven't watched yet but have a copy of. The cover of the DVD looks familiar. Cantonese is my preferance too, but I understand a little Mandarin (still have to read subtitles to get the whole storyline).

Good luck moving =)