Navigation Tips

Free Patterns can be seen along the sidebar (on right side),
or you can use the Free Patterns label to view all posts.

Free Pseudo-Patterns or Pattern Outlines can be found using the Free Pseudo-Patterns label.

The most comprehensive listing of Patterns, Pseudo-Patterns, and Pattern Outlines can be found on the Pattern Bibliography page.

Please read the Blog Housekeeping section in the sidebar for more info.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Booking Through Thursday



  1. Okay, love him or loathe him, you’d have to live under a rock not to know that J.K. Rowling’s final Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, comes out on Saturday… Are you going to read it?
  2. If so, right away? Or just, you know, eventually, when you get around to it? Are you attending any of the midnight parties?
  3. If you’re not going to read it, why not?
  4. And, for the record… what do you think? Will Harry survive the series? What are you most looking forward to?
1. Yes, yes, yes! I will read it!

2. No, most likely not right away.

It'll be at my slow reading pace (side effect of having a toddler), and it will definitely take me longer than it took me to read all the previous books since we're currently in the middle of trying to get our new house ready to move in, sorting through all our stuff to separate keep-items from throw-away-items, packing everything into boxes, and moving all the non-essential stuff over there. I will definitely pick up a hard cover copy to complete my set, however I may also try the audio book since I've recently discovered audio books working out better for me right now.

No midnight parties for me. I don't think I could do that for any book, even before I had baby, lol.

3. n/a

4. I haven't thought about it much, I just want to find out what happens. I certainly hope that Harry lives. I think it would be very traumatic for many readers if that were not the case. However I also think JKR would want to keep her options open in case she decides to continue the series. I'm hoping Snape turns out to be the good guy Dumbledore always thought he was; he's usually perspicacious and a good judge of character, so I suspect he was right.


.

2 stitch(es):

Mary said...

I've not read the first book, so I won't be reading the 7th anytime soon. I'm so out of it.

V. said...

I am itching to go and get the book but my HP collection is paper back and this one won't be, but I simply cannot wait for the paper back. Been tempted to go and get it this morning. arghhhhhhh.