Navigation Tips

Free Patterns can be seen along the sidebar (on right side),
or you can use the Free Patterns label to view all posts.

Free Pseudo-Patterns or Pattern Outlines can be found using the Free Pseudo-Patterns label.

The most comprehensive listing of Patterns, Pseudo-Patterns, and Pattern Outlines can be found on the Pattern Bibliography page.

Please read the Blog Housekeeping section in the sidebar for more info.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Blog Delurking Week


This is International Delurking Week (hmmm... why not Intergalaxial?). Anyhows, if you read my blog but don't normally comment, why not "delurk" by adding a brief comment to let me know that you're out there? It doesn't have to be witty or prolix, just a simple "hi" or "hello" would be fine. Or you can tell me a little about yourself; I often wonder who visits my site. I promise I won't bite... ;-)


.

45 stitch(es):

Anonymous said...

All this delurking pressure! LOL I do read your blog, so I guess I should say hello. I'm a fellow Elannite, although, as here, I don't post too often there ~ Christine C ~ but I do read the chat regularly.

I am just so impressed with your knitting! And how you find the time to do it all. Wow.

smallsmallfaery said...

Hi, I'm Fay. I started reading your blog when my LYS had ballband mania back in October. I am impressed by your designs but have yet to make any.

Anonymous said...

Hi I read your blog all the time and am so impressed with your cloths and hats. I usually take at least one of your patterns with me when I go to the hospital with my son for his chemo. You are so talented and thank you so much for sharing all your patterns.
Chris

Anonymous said...

Hello! I found your blog when I went searching for hats to knit as a beginner knit project. After falling in love with your slip-stitch hat I knitted up my very own purple and magenta version! Thanks for sharing!

Sandra said...

I read each day, and occasionally comment, so this isn't really delurking, now is it?
But I do enjoy your writings.

Kelley said...

Hi! I read your blog often and just love your dishcloth designs-- many of them are in my to-do file. Beautiful stuff! You are so very generous to offer them up for free. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

De-lurking here, but I did just post a comment for yesterday!
Love your blog and all the patterns you share with us.
I've even got you listed on my own blog! http://lizannknits.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi there - I just stumbled across your blog today, and I LOVE your knitting. The geometric dishcloths are fabulous and an inspiration for me to try. Thank you for generously sharing the patters and photos!

Aloha from Hawaii!

Anonymous said...

Greetings from the USAF in Kaiserlauten (K-town), Germany!

Anonymous said...

Okay, stop twisting my arm...........

:)

I love your designs and have them in my to do pile. I too like the lacy designs. And I can say parrallgram even if your husband thinks it is hard.....lol....(from a previous post)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm not a lurker!

B

Anonymous said...

Hi! Your lace heart just went to the top of my Valentine to do list. Thanks for posting it.

Jami
Waldo, WI

Anonymous said...

your blog is one I check daily but don't always post!!! Your designing skills are impressive !!

Anonymous said...

Delurking! Just discovered your blog the other day whilst looking for my first hat pattern. Found the 3am cable one and loved it, made it, and now wear it constantly. Hats never suit me but this one does!

Joan said...

No secret, Marie. I am always reading.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm gonna delurk...I'm Steph! I love your blog (read it daily) and your wonderful patterns! I'm knitting the Fountain Lace cloth at the moment (just set it down to comment!). *giggles*. Thanks for all you share and I promise I'll comment in the future! *grins*

Anonymous said...

Guilty! I admit I'm a lurker and a little ashamed that I haven't told you how much I enjoy your blog before this. I read it pretty much everyday and think you are so talented. It's amazing to me that you are so willing to share your designs with everyone. We are so fortunate to have you in the knitting community! You should seriously consider publishing. It would be a bestseller! Elaine in Massachusetts

Anonymous said...

I found your blog when I was looking for scarf patterns. You graciously contacted me with the link to the Persephone scarf, and since then I've copied the patterns for the heart cloth and vining lace cloth. Your work is lovely and the patterns are great. Thanks for the lovely work.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I will delurk to say i came over from Elann for the Persephone scarf and have been visiting ever since. I'm not much of a commenter either virtual or in reality, but I do appreciate those who share. Daryl

Anonymous said...

Hi Smariek I regularly read your blog and admire your lovely knits. :waves: :)

Becky said...

Love your blog...and the patterns. They get mentioned on Caps for a Cure all the time. It's a group that knits hats for chemotherapy patients.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'm knitting your swirl hat right now. Just this morning my husband asked if we have any hats, so I decided to make him one!

Anonymous said...

I made my husband the asherton scarf last fall and he wears it every day. A very successful gift! He loves the texture of it. You heart lace cloth is beautiful--now I have to go buy some appropriately colored yarn and knit a few! Kathleen

Anonymous said...

I like your dishcloth patterns.

Anonymous said...

I am ashamed of how I've used you without introducing myself! The "delurking week" brought me out of the dark corners. Your patterns are "to die far" and so many of my gifts this holiday were taken straight off your site. My daughter got the Cap Karma, two granddaughters the 3am Cable, the Asherton pattern is printed out and yarn just bought...along with some cotten - you are the ONLY designer who could possibly get me into knitting dishclothes! Your designs are fabulous and patterns well written. I visit your site every day. Gee whiz, you're really, really nice to put this blog out! Many thanks.

CatBookMom said...

I delurked the first week of your blog, but I'm always glad to post a comment about all your creative new designs. I'm wondering how your new heart cloth would look in a marled yarn, such as the Gedifra Beauty Cotton at Elann. I'm so tempted to rip out the other design of yours that I have in process and make the new one.

Carol said...

Hello from a fellow dishcloth knitter! I love your Woozy pattern!

Anonymous said...

I am truley impressed with your talent. God is good isn't he? You really need to publish a book. I guarantee it would be a smashing success!

I love all of your stuff and thanks for posting heart cloth now! I haven't been lurking long..just found you recently while looking for beginner hat pattern. Thank you so much for your contribution in the knitting world. Knitting...ain't it grand!

Paula Freezing in TX

Anonymous said...

Hi there. Someone sent a link to your heart cloth through a knitting group I'm in. You have a real talent. I've saved darn near all of your patterns. And here I'm supposed to be clearing off my hard drive to reformat it. hehehe Thanks for all the great patterns.

Anonymous said...

Hi there. Someone sent a link to your heart cloth through a knitting group I'm in. You have a real talent. I've saved darn near all of your patterns. And here I'm supposed to be clearing off my hard drive to reformat it. hehehe Thanks for all the great patterns.

Anonymous said...

Hi there. Someone sent a link to your heart cloth through a knitting group I'm in. You have a real talent. I've saved darn near all of your patterns. And here I'm supposed to be clearing off my hard drive to reformat it. hehehe Thanks for all the great patterns.

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog from time to time, enjoying your beautiful hats and cloths. Shame on me, I never comment !
I've never seen knitted cloths in France. Maybe I should give it a try.

Unknown said...

I came across your blog while searching for items to make for the Dulaan project. I come back every couple of days to read :) You do such beautiful work and are very generous. Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

Hello, I've just found you via Posh Yarn - what lovely things you have on your site!

Anonymous said...

hi, just found you via knittingpatterncentral - you have great patterns, thank you so much! I've "wisted" quite a few of them! I'm in SF too. I'm adding your blog to my list of blogs to read!

Anonymous said...

Recently found your site, probably through the monthly dishcloth KAL. you just had soooooo many wonderful patterns I had to link to you! thanks for spreading the dishcloth love!!

~Elyse

Anonymous said...

Well! That was a successful delurking session, wasn't it?

Just saying hi, even though I'm not actually a lurker.

Anonymous said...

I'm a total lurker, and trying to reform my ways. Hardly anybody comments on my blog and I know I get a little traffic (my site meter tells me so). So, I guess I reap what I sow. Anyway, I read your blog often and love, love, love your patterns. You're so talented. I'll start telling you in your posts from now on, I promise.

Anonymous said...

Agh! I think you caught me. Here I am sneaking in to get patterns and brand new at that. But I am letting you know ... officially, that I am guilty. Post away ... and I will continue to lurk :) I am a brand new knitter, well, a year old I guess. But I am having a ball. I have done tons and tons of dish cloths to try out new patterns and stitches on a mini-version. I have done a few scarves, and I am pretty sure I got two of the scarf patterns somewhere on your site, or they led me to your site, or something. Anyway, I just want you to know that aside from lurking, I look forward to knitting. Thanks! (another) Becky from the south

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

I'm not actually a lurker since this is my first visit, but I'll be back. I just popped in to have a look at your fabulous Persephone scarf which was recommended on the 'Posh Yarns' website (UK).
I am a fairly experienced knitter from the UK (currently in Edinburgh). However, due to having three small boys I now buy a lot more yarn than I knit and so have an ever expanding stash (matches my waistline!!)

Jacky xxx

Anonymous said...

I made your 3am cable hat and your persephone scarf is on my knitting queue :o) Just a little hello from Boston MA!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I love your dishcloth patterns! They are unique and fun. Okay, now I've delurked myself!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found some of your patterns through knittingpatterncentral, and just recently started to read your blog, you have great patterns. Making a lace design is far more challenging than making one with knit and purl stitches, by the way! I'm Norwegian, have been knitting for 35 years (my mother taught me before I was 7), and I knit a lot of lace, and also clothes for my children( I have four, age 9,11,13 and 14...)And I love reading. I also spent a year in Berkeley as an aupair 25 years ago. OMG- I'm getting old...or finally grown up!
Keep up the good work!
Best wishes, Marit in Norway

Arianne said...

I lurk. I'm 23, I live in London (UK not Canada) and I knit a bit much.
So...I just read. I'm not good enough to comment.

Anonymous said...

Delurking. I have been reading your blog for awhile and enjoy it and your patterns very much. I recently finished the Fountain Lace Cloth as part of the knit-a-long and loved it. I want to do it in a lighter weight yarn.
I have been knitting just over a year. I have crocheted and quilted in the past and still do some of both but mostly knitting at the moment. I joined our Prayer Shawl ministry at church and also the prayer cloth ministry for our troops. I have made one Mason Dixon Log Cabin for my granddog and have started another for my son. I participated in the Caps for the Capitol and want to do more of the preemie caps.
I have a nice stash and a million projects in mind. Several of them are yours. So I had better get off the subject of me and back to knitting. I look forward to reading your blog and knitting your patterns for a long time to come.
Teresa in Kansas