Navigation Tips

Free Patterns can be seen along the sidebar (on right side),
or you can use the Free Patterns label to view all posts.

Free Pseudo-Patterns or Pattern Outlines can be found using the Free Pseudo-Patterns label.

The most comprehensive listing of Patterns, Pseudo-Patterns, and Pattern Outlines can be found on the Pattern Bibliography page.

Please read the Blog Housekeeping section in the sidebar for more info.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

What's your accent?

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: North Central

"North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot.

The West

The Midland

Boston

The Inland North

The South

Philadelphia

The Northeast

What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes



I saw this on CatBookMom's blog, so gave it a try. I find the results puzzling ... Minnesota?! I've never even been to Minnesota! Strange results for someone who has lived in San Francisco all my life. Ok, well, that's not entirely true, however I have lived in California all my life. I was born & raised in San Francisco, lived in San Francisco most my life, and live not too far from SF during my college years. That little quiz is smoking crack, lol.

The bar graph thingie doesn't seem to show up. It looks like ~80% West, 70% Midland, 60% Boston, 30% Inland North, 25% South, 20% Philadelphia, and 10% Northeast.

.

1 stitch(es):

V. said...

Yes, the little quiz is on something. I came out at as from Inland North - i.e. Wisconsin. But then the writer of the quiz may think all as Californian's speak like valley girls or maybe the LA types

Down right goffy.