Navigation Tips

Free Patterns can be seen along the sidebar (on right side),
or you can use the Free Patterns label to view all posts.

Free Pseudo-Patterns or Pattern Outlines can be found using the Free Pseudo-Patterns label.

The most comprehensive listing of Patterns, Pseudo-Patterns, and Pattern Outlines can be found on the Pattern Bibliography page.

Please read the Blog Housekeeping section in the sidebar for more info.

Sunday, November 08, 2009

Sock 8 Oopsie

.




There was a little oopsie in the the 2nd sock of Pair #8. Can you see the problem?

Without thinking, I continued stockinette up the back side of the leg. I meant to start the textured pattern on the back side of the leg after completing the short row heel.



lifeline, front sick of sock


Lifeline, back side of sock

Not wanting to tink back all those rounds, what I ended up doing was using a couple of circular needles to insert as lifelines on the front and back sides of the sock. (see sidebar for lifeline links under the "knitting resources"section) I tried to place it a couple rounds above where I wanted the texture pattern to begin. It was not easy picking up those stitches with the circs due to poor nighttime lighting and the itty bitty tight tension stitches. I thought I picked the same round on both front & back, however after frogging back to the lifeline, I discovered they were off. So I had to deal with that little hiccup.






Here's what the sock looked like after the fix. You can see that the textured pattern as on the back side of the sock.

...



.
A little while ago, I mentioned the Little One wanting a Pooh Bear cloth. I found two patterns, this one and that one, and showed them to the Little One for approval. She chose the yarn in her favorite colour and decided which pattern to knit first. She loves her washcloth and uses it as a blanket for her smaller toy animals, the ones the size of the Littlest Pet Shop toys (which is one of the things she's getting for Christmas this year ... shhhh). After finishing the first cloth, she decided she didn't want me to knit her a second cloth.




This is my latest snack, which can be found in Indian markets such as Namaste if you're in the Bay Area. It's a little sweet, a little spicy. The mild spiciness sneaks up on you after a few bites. I haven't yet figured out the best way to eat this. It comes in very small pieces so it is a bit difficult to pick up with fingers compared to a large potato chip. I've been pouring it into a small bowl and using a spoon ... kinda like breakfast cereal without pouring milk into the bowl.


Copyright © Smariek Knits 2005-2009. All full copyright rights are reserved by Smariek Knits.

.



.

4 stitch(es):

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

As I have only been knitting for a year, it is mistakes like this that strike fear in my heart! Of course, it is also reading, and learning, about how you fixed the problem that is so inspiring!! Thanks!

Jean said...

Frogging is just a part of my knitting process, and I don't really mind it too much. The snack looks interesting - would it mix with some plain or cucumber yogurt? (good to see you posting again too)

Lupie said...

I learn so much from my mistakes and when I am able to redo things I'm so proud of myself!
These sock make me want to go back to making socks again.

Cindy G said...

I feel your pain (says the person who knit one sock with a stockinette leg, and the second entirely in rib). But your fix looks beautiful.