Navigation Tips

Free Patterns can be seen along the sidebar (on right side),
or you can use the Free Patterns label to view all posts.

Free Pseudo-Patterns or Pattern Outlines can be found using the Free Pseudo-Patterns label.

The most comprehensive listing of Patterns, Pseudo-Patterns, and Pattern Outlines can be found on the Pattern Bibliography page.

Please read the Blog Housekeeping section in the sidebar for more info.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Zara

I picked up a few balls of Filatura Di Crosa Zara and Filatura Di Crosa 501. I've used 501 before for Miss M's blanket and liked it working with it. I had never seen Zara before this, so I played around with it a bit and was pleasantly surprised to find how soft it felt in my hands. I wish I had gotten more of it. I'd love to wrap myself up in a Zara blanket...

Hmmm... what do you make of this? Out of 6 different colors I got, 4 of them are shades of purple and 2 of them are shades of blue. AND I don't think I am imagining this but I swear that 2 different purples (both Zara, colors 1722 and 1669) look like the identical shade of purple! I wish I could show you guys. I'll have to take photos of these two balls so you can see what I mean. I think you'll agree that they're identical. Unfortunately, this will have to wait until I find my lost or misplaced camera.

After working with Baby Cashmere and itty bitty US3 needles for the very first time while knitting my Osiris scarf, I wonder whether I should try my hand at more small needle knitting with Elann's Pure Alpaca Fina which comes in a gazillion wonderful colors. I'm not normally a green yarn kind of person, even though I seem to have a lot of greens in my stash, but I am drawn to all those shades of green this yarn comes in. I'm still thinking about making a Jayne Cobb hat for a big fan who not so subtly reminded me that he'd like one of these. I'm wondering if combining Crimson, Paprika, and Amber would make a nice Jayne Cobb hat. I've watched the episode, used pause/zoom on the DVD player, and still don't feel like I'm getting a good look at the hat. It doesn't help that the scenes where hat appears in have dim lighting.

During our house move, I inherited my mom's armoire which now sits in our bedroom. Since this is "new" furniture to DH, he hasn't quite thought of filling it up. It still sits empty. I'm thinking of using it as a yarnmoire. That would mean taking my yarn out of boxes and leaving them more "exposed" in the cabinet. I mean, people don't really have a good feel for what kind of stash I have even if they see all the yarn boxes in my closet. However if all the yarn is visible to anyone who opens the armoire, well then some people might be shocked at how much yarn I actually own! Anyhow, I need to make a mental note to take a photo of this armoire... I don't think all my stash will fit in there. No, I don't have that much in my stash, there are plenty other people on Ravelry who have entered in hundreds of yarns in their stash coughBarbaracough, so I really have a very small stash in comparison.

I need to work more with fingerling and sport weight yarns. I'm hoping that once I get comfortable with this weight, I can try to ease into some "thick" lace weight yarns...

.

2 stitch(es):

junior_goddess said...

Take over the furniture, Marie. Leave it locked, and it won't occur to him to look very hard. I know this from experience.

hakucho said...

Your armoire sounds wonderful. In theory it would be perfect for yarn storage. I get the horrors though when thinking about making my stash viewable by my husband. What he doesn't know can't hurt him right? I made the mistake of dragging out my stash one day when my youngest was around and you should have heard him rant and rave about how much yarn I have. Lucky for me since he talks a lot anyways no one (including my husband) payed too much attention to him. I'll not do that again. I think stashes are meant to be secret ;)