22Mar2009 post (2 Photos - finished mitts)
These are the mitts I test knit for Paula, using fingerling weight yarn and 3.0 mm pointy sticks. I was off to a slow start with these since I thought I'd try ML and I also CO too many sts to fit my petite hands. That didn't work out so I eventually reverted back to my pointy sticks. What I ended up doing to make these fit me is to CO 52 sts for the ribbing, increase 3 sts for the pattern, then decrease by 3 for the ribbing. I could have CO 56 for ribbing, decrease 1 for pattern, then increase 1 for ribbing, however I decided a snugger fit for the ribbing section would be better for my hands. In the end they are a perfect fit for my small hands.
I don't know what these mitts will be called. The name Paula had originally chosen is already taken, so she is going to rename them to something else soon. You'll find her blog here.
Copyright © Smariek Knits 2005-2009. All full copyright rights are reserved by Smariek Knits.