Navigation Tips

Free Patterns can be seen along the sidebar (on right side),
or you can use the Free Patterns label to view all posts.

Free Pseudo-Patterns or Pattern Outlines can be found using the Free Pseudo-Patterns label.

The most comprehensive listing of Patterns, Pseudo-Patterns, and Pattern Outlines can be found on the Pattern Bibliography page.

Please read the Blog Housekeeping section in the sidebar for more info.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Thinking about Knitting Resolutions

Since the year is almost over, I have started to think about Knitting Resolutions. Anyone else do this? Here are some things I'm thinking about...

-- Weave those ends in!
I am not very good at weaving in ends immediately after finishing something. It usually sits around for weeks (ok, even months) before I get around to it. I am going to try to weave those ends in right away.

-- Learn something new
I want to learn at least one new thing ... either a new technique, or knitting something I haven't knit before. I'm thinking of knitting fingerless mitts or socks. Other than hats, everything else I make are simple squares & rectangles. It would be an interesting challenge to knit something with a bit more shaping involved.

-- Get an early start on Christmas gifts
Yes, I am not going to wait until the last minute. Yeah, this one will be a great challenge.

-- Get an early start on Cap Karma chemo caps
This one is a little easier. I don't know why, but I find doing the charity knitting easier than knitting for people I know. Why is that?

--<>--



Here's a pic of something I'm playing around with. I took 3 different cables and threw them into a hat. I know it's hard to see anything on this variegated blue yarn. Sorry about that. The more I work with this yarn, the more I dislike it. Nothing really shows up well on it. And I still have so much more of this yarn!

Teatime ... today I am drinking Yamamotoyama Genmai Cha. It's one of my favorite teabag green teas. They have loose leaf tea also.

Gotta go ... the boss is calling...

.

2 stitch(es):

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I'm using your Asherton reversible scarf pattern with black cashmere and no. 3 needles. This scarf looks FABULOUS but omg is it complicated for someone who hasn't knit since childhood!! I find that in order to keep from messing it up I need complete silence so I can count...which means I can't knit at home with the two kids, two dogs, two cats and hubby but must knit at work on my lunch hour.

I must admit that I've cursed this pattern more than once as my fingers get more and more sore from the yarn and these teeny blasted metal needles!!

Thanks a million and I'll post a picture of the finished product if you like.

Ali in Atlanta

Anonymous said...

If you are looking to knit some FABULOUS mitts, I have a fantastic pattern for double-knit mittens. They seem to take me forever, but they are slip-stitch, so double thick and double warm! They are also knit on two needles, instead of on the round, which I like in my mittens.

Let me know if you're interested and i can send you the file.