Navigation Tips

Free Patterns can be seen along the sidebar (on right side),
or you can use the Free Patterns label to view all posts.

Free Pseudo-Patterns or Pattern Outlines can be found using the Free Pseudo-Patterns label.

The most comprehensive listing of Patterns, Pseudo-Patterns, and Pattern Outlines can be found on the Pattern Bibliography page.

Please read the Blog Housekeeping section in the sidebar for more info.

Monday, October 01, 2007

Georgiana Scarf Chart

[Edited to add photos of Devon Square]

I'm just catching up with some stuff here. Barbara knitted my Georgiana Scarf a while back, and also made a chart for the pattern. You can find the chart from these locations:

1. Smariek Knits Yahoo Group (free registration, instant access)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/smariekknits/
2. Box.net (no registration required, just click on link)
http://www.box.net/shared/cqfkdmg8km


I still can't knit from charts. It's on my "to do" list, along with learning how to knit socks and figuring out gauge. But first things first. Now that October is just around the corner, I'm starting to feel the Christmas crunch. What am I getting for some family members? Can I knit something for them and finish in time?



I just finished a 12" blanket square using Elann Devon yarn in Dusty Plum. I just need to find an envelope to mail it to L who is assembling the blanket. The pattern I used for the square is based on the Osiris Scarf pattern, the only difference is that I added more stitches to the edge to get the width I needed. This was the first time I've worked with Devon and I really like it! There's not a whole lot left in stock, I hope Elann plans on restocking it soon. I can see myself getting more of this yarn. I still haven't got my camera (lost while moving house). I'll have to see whether L can take a photo of the square for me. Now where did I pack those envelopes? I've unpacked the box with business size envelopes. I can't exactly stuff the square in that. I know I have larger envelopes somewhere, of course it's in a box we haven't yet unpacked...



Oh, I just got an old copy of Mon Tricot from eBay. I haven't seen this book, but have heard of it. I am looking forward to receiving it in 14 to 20 days (it's coming from Canada).

.

4 stitch(es):

junior_goddess said...

Oh, I have an old copy of Mon Tricot. I bought it when it was new.

Gulp!

Grace said...

Elann says they aren't going to restock the Devon, such a pretty yarn, oh well, I am sure we will like whatever is next!

Molly said...

BrooklynTweed blogged about your hat pattern today. Congratulations. In my opinion his photographs are the most beautiful in knitblogdom. Your hat looks gorgeous.

hakucho said...

I haven't learned (probably why I don't like) knitting with charts...you are not alone.