Navigation Tips

Free Patterns can be seen along the sidebar (on right side),
or you can use the Free Patterns label to view all posts.

Free Pseudo-Patterns or Pattern Outlines can be found using the Free Pseudo-Patterns label.

The most comprehensive listing of Patterns, Pseudo-Patterns, and Pattern Outlines can be found on the Pattern Bibliography page.

Please read the Blog Housekeeping section in the sidebar for more info.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Frog it. Frog it.

The width and error in my second Branching Out scarf bugged me so much that I had to frog it. I was surprised how the yarn "stuck" at certain places and I had to pry it apart. (This gave me an idea of how and why it is a pain to frog mohair; I've never knit with mohair before.) Rewinding fingerling weight yarn is tedious, although it goes by faster while watching CSI Las Vegas ("Room Service", it was a ho hum episode).

This time I cast on with size US8 (5mm) needles with the hopes that the edge will be wider & looser, so that I can easily stretch it to width during blocking. I suppose this means I should bind off using the larger needles also.


Nothing to show really since I have only knitted 8 rows so far.


0 stitch(es):