Navigation Tips

Free Patterns can be seen along the sidebar (on right side),
or you can use the Free Patterns label to view all posts.

Free Pseudo-Patterns or Pattern Outlines can be found using the Free Pseudo-Patterns label.

The most comprehensive listing of Patterns, Pseudo-Patterns, and Pattern Outlines can be found on the Pattern Bibliography page.

Please read the Blog Housekeeping section in the sidebar for more info.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

5 Questions Meme & Friday Fill-In 85

.
I've been trying to work on a blog post for many days now. Unfortunately I haven't been able to sit down and focus on this one thing. I've never been good at doing something when I feel "interrupt driven".

Georgi tagged me for this meme a while back. I started typing this up and then it got buried in draft mode. I've only just rediscovered it!

The Rules:
Rules are posted at the beginning. At the end of the post, the player tags 6 people and posts their names. Then the player goes to each of the “named” people’s blogs and leaves a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. If you’ve been tagged, you do the same, letting the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer. Your answer, of course, is the answer to the following questions. Here we go!

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?

Let's see, 10 years ago was 1998. Where was I then? That was the year I visited Nashua, New Hampshire and Washington, D.C. for the first time. And outside the USA, I went to Vancouver and Victoria in Canada around Christmastime. Back then I was working for an investment banking firm in downtown San Francisco.


2. 5 things on my to-do list today?

-- Write to Carolyn in Maine. I've been trying to do this for months and months and months.
-- Laundry. There's always laundry...
-- Pay bills. Ugh.
-- Get photos off my camera because the card is full!!!
-- Knit a little.


3. Snacks I enjoy:

Depends on whether I'm in a sweet or salty mood. Lately my snacks have tended towards Kettle Chips in their lightly salted flavor, blue cheese, and chocolate. Not all together in one sitting.


4. Places I’ve lived:

Davis, CA
San Francisco, CA
Sunnyvale, CA


5. Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

-- Pay off the mortgage. Then realize that we can buy a bigger place in a neighborhood with a better school district, lol.
-- Donate anonymously to help others.
-- Sign up for classes. The list includes: French language, Latin language, cooking classes, knitting classes, photography classes (and a Photoshop class).
-- Travel a little.
-- Hire a maid.


If you decide to play, please leave a comment so we can go take a look at your responses. :-)

----------<>----------


Triumph Scarf, 2 balls length

I've made some progress on my Triumph Cable Scarf. I haven't had a chance to measure the length, however I think the finished length will be fine using the 5 balls of Elann Luxury Merino Superwash I have. It's Cafe Au Lait color which I've grown to like even more while knitting this scarf. It is too bad this color is out of stock at the moment.


Miss M stabbing my Triumph Scarf with the knitting needle

I had to share this photo of Miss M stabbing my scarf with one pointy end of my knitting needle. She's always trying to "help" when I take photos, usually by pulling or patting on the knitting. Other times she isn't touching the knitting but happens to sit between the knitting and my light source, causing a shadow over part of my knitting.

Pattern: Triumph Cable Scarf (chart download is linked here)
Yarn: Elann Luxury Merino Superwash DK, Cafe Au Lait color
Needles: 4.5 mm (US7)

----------<>----------

Other things in the works include:

-- I'm still working on my MIL's Regina Scarf. I started this back in January and although it does not need to be done until Christmas, it really should not take this long to finish a scarf!!! I do chip away at it when I'm not working on the Triumph Scarf. I'd say I'm about 3/4 done with the scarf. I don't think it will be completed by August 24th though. I should just concentrate on finishing the Triumph Scarf first.

-- The Elann HUGe swap. I'm averaging 2 items per month and am currently working on #8 (out of 10). I need to find out when the deadline is and where to send everything. I know I've emailed Theresa about it, but I think she's really busy cuz I haven't heard back from her in months.

-- I've got a lacy knitting thing coming down the pike.

-- I'm thinking about trying KnitPicks Gloss sock yarn for a cable scarf. It's 70% merino wool and 30% silk, so I'm hoping it has enough "body" to hold up to cable stitches and that it will be next-to-skin soft. There aren't too many colors to choose from. I find myself gravitating towards the Cosmos dark purple color that will be available on September 5th.

-----<>-----

Not much else going on. Miscarriage #2 started last night at 7PM and went on for a few hours. It wasn't quite the same as last time and I'm worried about it being incomplete. Last time it just took a few hours on Easter night, perhaps this time it'll span a few days. I'm glad I managed to postpone my appt which was supposed to be yesterday afternoon and rescheduled it for 2 weeks later.

I think I'll make a little more progress on my Triumph Scarf tonight as I watch one of the movies I have waiting to be seen. My choices this time are: Shrek 2, Shrek 3, Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer, Constant Gardener, and The Departed.

-----<>-----

The next project has been chosen for The Fashionable Late in '08 KAL. Smoke rings! Go check it out! I've got too much on my plate to participate so I'm joining Bets on the cheerleading squad.

----------<>----------
FRIDAY FILL-IN #85

Yes, this is a little late...

1. The last meal I had at a restaurant was Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap (from a Korean restaurant). It's yummy stuff! Make sure you get the "dol sot" version and not the plain Bi Bim Bap.

2. People spitting in public is something I intensely dislike.

3. The full moon beautiful.

4. San Francisco Left Turn (which is really 3 right turns) is one of my favorite local expressions.

5. Sometimes it's best to keep one's mouth shut.

6. I have absolutely no idea what is the best movie I've seen so far this year, but it might be Bourne Ultimatum which I saw in April!

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to relaxing with some knitting (but that didn't quite happen), tomorrow my plans include relaxing with some knitting (really gotta catch up on the Triumph Scarf!) and watching a movie and Sunday, I want to go out for dim sum!

.

8 stitch(es):

Janet said...

mmmm I love bi bim bap!

Zandra said...

I am so sorry to hear about miscarriage #2. Thinking good thoughts and sending them your way.

Acornbud said...

Thank goodness for knitting food and movies. Take care of yourself. Hugs.

Aunt Kathy said...

{{{HUGS}}} Marie

The scarf looks really good.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about the miscarriage. Look after yourself....

Rachel said...

So sorry to hear about your miscarriage. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

hakucho said...

Your scarf looks great...you are a fast cabler ...not sure if that's a word.
So sorry about your MC...lots of hugs for you...take good care of yourself!!

Anonymous said...

Oh honey, I am so sorry.