I've been bitten by the fingerless mitt bug. Here's my current WIP. I'm trying to make fingerless mitts to match the Persephone Scarf. My first challenge is finding a suitable yarn for the mitt. The scarf was originally knit with Elann Highland Silk, a DK weight yarn. I couldn't figure out how to get the cable pattern to fit on a small mitt using the same yarn, unless the cable pattern wrapped around to the palm side. I wasn't sure whether the pattern would be as noticeable wrapped around the entire mitt, but maybe I'll try that in the future after I figure out how to get the cable pattern to appear just on the front side of the mitt.
Last year I made Vicki a Persephone scarf in dusky lavender color, using Elann Highland Silk. I went stash diving and found some Elann Baby Cashmere in the same dusky lavender color, this is fingerling weight yarn. I'm hoping that these mitts come out OK so that this can be a matching set. However it's slow going with a lot of trial and error, knit and frog, since I have very little mitt experience. I'm winging it in unfamiliar territory. Wish me luck!!!
Oh, I have to add that this is my first project using 2.75 mm (US2) size needles. This is the smallest size I've ever used. OMG, the knitting goes so slowly with such small needles! You knit so many stitches and have such little knitting to show for it. Fortunately cabling with such thin yarn is basically the same. :-)