Navigation Tips

Free Patterns can be seen along the sidebar (on right side),
or you can use the Free Patterns label to view all posts.

Free Pseudo-Patterns or Pattern Outlines can be found using the Free Pseudo-Patterns label.

The most comprehensive listing of Patterns, Pseudo-Patterns, and Pattern Outlines can be found on the Pattern Bibliography page.

Please read the Blog Housekeeping section in the sidebar for more info.

Sunday, July 03, 2005

My first dishcloth


I completed my very first dishcloth a couple weeks ago using Grandmother's Favorite dishcloth pattern. I used Lily Sugar & Cream cotton yarn in strawberry color (I think that's what it was called).


There seems to be something wrong with my knitting. I started on the lower left corner and ended at the upper right corner. It looks like YO holes in the first half of the dish cloth (left & bottom sides) are smaller than the YO holes in the second half of the dish cloth (top & right sides). Hmm...






2 stitch(es):

Cathy said...

I just posted a washcloth on my blog with the very same pattern!
Cathy
http://cathyknits.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

The reason you knitting looks "wrong" as you called it and your yarn overs smaller at first and larger on the second half of the dishcloth is that you started knitting looser. That's perfectly normal for a new knitter, and I'm afraid old knitters can find this happens to them to. I'm knitting a baby outfit all in garter stitch and I'm finding that my guage looks different (unsatisfactory on a garment and not a dishcloth, so I'm having to figure out how to correct it each time)every time I pick it up. An expert knitter once told me that garter stitch, although one of the first you learn, and the 'easiest' is really the hardest to keep even. I'm finding she's right.
I don't know if I'm a blogger or not, I don't know what a blogger is. :-) An account? Merigold